Sorry I have been slacking so much on posting here. I have been doing lots better in keeping up with my cooking blog, so if you want to know what we've been eating lately, check it out! :) Haha!
Last week, Ian turned 6 MONTHS OLD!! We cannot believe how fast the time has flown. Here is a pic from the his 6-month birthday taken at a family party on my side of the fam.
* sitting up by himself.
* rolling over when he feels the desire. :)
* eating solids. He prefers bits of cracker, apple, banana, and bread over cereal, though he does enjoy that.
* drinking out of his own sippy cup. Though he loves that, he loves drinking out of Mommy and Daddy's cups even better! :)
* loving all kinds of interaction. He loves when we all laugh and he loves to giggle and play with Mommy and Daddy.
* knows that even though he can't see Mommy and Daddy that they are still there.
* loves playing outside in this new-found warm weather.
* LOVES for Daddy to suck on his fingers! If you're holding him and he reaches up and keeps touching your mouth, he wants you to suck on his fingers. Just FYI. :) Probably a bad habit for later, but it's so cute now.
* sleeping in his OWN room! We are all getting much better sleep since moving him into the spare room. It has been a blessing for all of us.
He is still such a happy, healthy, sweet little boy. Matt and I are so grateful to have him in our family! We couldn't imagine it any other way!
I'll add a few other pictures of the happenings in our lives since I last posted.
*First Easter egg hunt. Not pictured is the "big prize" egg that we found and the cute children's story we got. :) *
*Down in West Jordan meeting Cousin Micah for the first time. Ian and Micah are only 6 months apart, so I'm sure they'll be buds. (Ian & Micah were almost the same size when they were born. We can't believe how much Ian has grown!) Matt holding both cute little boys.*
*Me holding Micah for the first time.*
*After meeting baby Micah, we took his older brother and sister to the park. Here is Ian playing on the slide.*
*Maddie, Ian, and Levi playing on the swings, and Matt giving them pushes. :)*
In March, we were able to go down to St. George with some Matt's siblings and it was SOOOO fun! We are definitely planning on going back before too long. Here are a few of the pictures from that trip.
*Ian and Maddie swinging. Isn't Kel such a gorgeous pregnant lady? She is Micah's beautiful mommy.*
*Matt, Josh, Maddie, and Katie playing basketball.*
*Ian and I chillin' while we watch the others play ball. :) It was such a beautiful sunshiny day! Loved it!*
*After lunch, we hiked up a neat rock formation/hill and the views were gorgeous. (I'm blanking on the name of the place right now...)*
*This place not only had cool rocks and neat views, but hikes, and some awesome red sand dunes. These next few pictures were taken at the sand dunes. This one is of Ian and I.*
*Everyone gathered around to see if Maddie's sandcastle worked. Yay! It did! :)*
*Cute little Ian!*
*Ian's and Mommy's feet.*
*The place we stayed had some neat swimming pools at the clubhouse. Ian getting dried off after playing in the kiddie pool. He wasn't sure about it at first, but he warmed up to it really quickly. :)*
I think that about catches you up on our lives. :) Matt finishes school in just a couple of weeks (the first week in May), and then things will slow down a little bit. Matt's parents and little brother are coming down this week and next to spend time with new little Micah, and it'll be so fun to see them! Until next time! :)