Sunday, May 30, 2010

I have to brag...

As many of you know, last Monday (May 24th) was Matt's and my second wedding anniversary, and this week his 24th birthday is coming up, so I wanted to take this opportunity to brag about my amazing hubby.

To show you what a great person Matt is, I wanted to share a story from today. Matt and I decided to begin giving Ian the Sacrament today (as Matt says, "Teach him while he's young."). Matt was holding Ian when the Sacrament was passed, and as Matt carefully fed Ian the bread, he leaned down and whispered in his ear, "This is to remind you of Jesus." It brought tears to my eyes and reminded me once again of how blessed and lucky I am to have Matt as my eternal companion and a father to our children. I am so grateful that I get to have him by my side as we raise our children and so that they and I can look to him as an example of who we should become.

These past two years have been amazing. Matt has treated me better than a queen. He treats me as someone of infinite worth and who is very special to him. I cannot thank him enough for the ways he has loved and supported me, and helped build my confidence in myself. It's not hard to feel good about yourself when your hubby always makes you feel on top of the world. :) I'll forever be grateful to Heavenly Father for letting me be with Matt for this life and for all eternity.

Honey, thanks SOOOOOO much for being there through all of the ups and downs, the aches and pains, and the jubilant moments. Thanks for sharing your accomplishments with me, and for talking with me and valuing my opinion. Thank you for loving me unconditionally. Thank you for teaching me more about hope, faith, and perseverance. Thank you for sacrificing your time to take care of our family. Thank you for being there to offer advice and being a shoulder to cry on or vent to. Thank you for teaching me how to magnify our callings, and to go above and beyond the call of duty. Thank you for being worthy to use your priesthood and being able to take me to the temple. It means the world to me.

Thank you for making my life heaven on earth. I love you. Ofa atu. Je t'aime. Te amo. MUAH!!!!

1 comment: