Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Summer Update #2


In June, my cousin Owen got married to his cute wife Lindzee. The place they got married is GORGEOUS. It was a beautiful day and we enjoyed getting to spend the day celebrating with them. Matt got to meet some of my family from Arizona for the first time there, which was great. I hadn't seen them in a long time, so it was fun to catch up. Here are a few pictures from that:
*The lovely couple.*
*Ian and Matt playing in the trees.*
*Chilling in a neat sitting area on the grounds where Owen and Lindzee were married. The following pictures are of the surrounding view from where we were sitting. Everywhere you looked on the 5 acres was at least this gorgeous. The land was seriously amazing!*


I really would like to go back there someday. These pictures remind me of just how beautiful the area was.

Next up: 4th of July and the week following.
Matt's family was down here for the week of 4th of July, so we got to spend quite a bit of time with them, which is always fun. On the 4th, Matt, Ian, and I headed up to Elwood for the good ole 4th of July celebration they have. Each year, the community gathers at a park and has lots of fun activities, including a candy drop from a crop duster, chasing/catching chickens (and some years, a greased pig), shotgun shooting competition, a greased pole, a mini-parade, sometimes foot races, some water games, and lunch. Matt's side of the family gathers there every year. It is a lot of fun! This was my second time going, and I think it's probably one of the funnest celebrations I've seen. Matt's uncle has been the one to drop the candy from the crop duster for the last 10 years, but has decided to retire from it and let someone else have the fun. :D I didn't get many pictures, but I did get these ones of an interesting version of a dunking booth.
Kind of gross, but funny, huh? The next few pictures are of Matt's niece and nephew hitting the target with a ball and Matt getting flushed on. It looked super cold!
I think I'll leave you on that happy note. :) On to the next update!

No comments:

Post a Comment